How does Adaptive Training recognize if I go harder/easier than what my workout prescribes?

Adaptive Training recognizes when you go harder or easier than what your workout prescribes. You can increase or decrease the intensity of a workout / go slower or faster, simply ride harder or easier than what your interval prescribes. The Adaptive Training system identifies changes during your workouts, gives you credit for these adjustments, and will adapt future training accordingly.

• Riding harder than what your workout prescribes will likely result in a slightly lower level workout being recommended to you for your next workout in that zone.
  • Riding easier than what your workout prescribes will likely result in a slightly higher level workout being recommended to you for your next workout in that zone.

This helps the body stay in a productive zone and prevents under or over training. This is one of they key mistakes that athletes make that results in impaired growth.

Load is equivalent of TSS. It gives credit for duration and intensity of a workout. Go harder and you will end up with more TSS resulting in higher fatigue. The biggest mistake in static plans is that it assumes that you will follow each and every workout perfectly. We surely don’t live in a perfect world. So adaptability is the key for any training program.

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback about the adaptive mode in EnduroCo.